UCC Students Arrested Over Missing Girl

The Sekondi Police have arrested a 22-year-old Level 300 student of the University of Cape Coast for allegedly kidnapping an 18-year-old female senior high school student.

The suspect, Simeon Cephas Andoh Dadzie, was alleged to have lured the girl from Sekondi to his hostel in Cape Coast and camped out her for five days until he was arrested by a youth group from Sekondi.

Speaking on Takoradi-based Connect FM, the irate youth claimed that they suspected the missing girl, a student of Methodist Senior High School in Sekondi, might be in the custody of the UCC student after reading series of chats he had with the victim on Facebook.

“So we moved from Sekondi to the UCC campus where upon our arrival, we were assisted by a lady alumnus of the University to the suspect’s hostel”, they indicated.

According to the group, when they entered the hostel and enquired the whereabouts of the girl from the suspect, he replied he did not know her.

“However, upon our search in the room, we found the girl in the bathroom and quickly we arrested the guy and brought him down to Sekondi and handed him over to the police,” the group narrated.

The victim, who had become very pale, is currently undergoing treatment while the suspect is in the custody of the Sekondi Police assisting in investigations.

It would be recalled that recently two young ladies were kidnapped in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis which had made most of the residents living in fear.

The first incident happened on Wednesday, August 15, when a 16-year-old senior high school student was kidnapped about 100 metres from her house at New Site near Takoradi.

The young girl was abandoned the next day, Thursday dawn, close to her house.

Unfortunately, the 16-year-old girl was dumb when she was found. Perhaps, she was traumatized by the ordeal as she could only communicate through writing and texting on her phone.

DAILY GUIDE learnt that the girl later drew a snake with two heads, with the inscriptions “two headed snake, rituals, waist beads, mute and juju” repeatedly on a paper.

The 16-year-old girl is currently receiving psychiatric help at the Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital at Sekondi.

A medical examination conducted on her revealed that she was experiencing psychological trauma. The report also indicated the girl had not been harmed physically.

DAILY GUIDE gathered that a day after the first girl was discovered, a 21-year-old lady at Nkroful junction also in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis was also kidnapped.

According to the father, his daughter called him that fateful day, August 17, sounding very agitated and screaming “dad” repeatedly, after which the line was off and the phone was put off.

He mentioned that they did not hear from their daughter again until the next day when a man speaking Pidgin English interspersed with poor Fanti used the daughter’s phone to call him.

He indicated that the alleged kidnapper demanded a ransom of GH¢4,000 via Tigo Mobile Money line before they released the daughter.

In a bid to secure the release of their daughter, he, together with the mother managed to raise GH¢2,500 loan which had since been sent to the kidnappers but their daughter was yet to be released.

“The kidnappers called again demanding GH¢ 1,000 as transport fare to bring their daughter to them but the father told them he did not have money” the woman told Connect FM.

As a result, their daughter is still in captivity.

Meanwhile, the case has since been reported to the police who are investigating and are determined to rescue the lady from the kidnappers.

From Emmanuel Opoku, Takoradi