A 33-year-old electrical engineer was on Monday evening electrocuted while working on a faulty electric wire at a house at East Legon in Accra.
The man, identified as Ofori Nutropor, was said to have gone to the house, located at the Church of Pentecost area near American House, to work together with his apprentice, one Andrews Ofori, when the incident occurred.
Andrew Ofori, who saw what happened, told the police that his master was invited by one Joana Gyampomah to test the electrical wiring in her house, which she believed were faulty.
He said in the course of the work, his master suffered an electrical shock at about 4:30 pm but he did not die on the spot.
Mr Nutropor was rushed to the Legon Hospital for treatment when he passed on.
Together with the owner of the house, the incident was reported to the East Legon police for investigation.
When contacted, ASP Efia Tenge, regional police Public Relations Officer, confirmed the incident and added that an investigator had since visited the scene to assess the situation for investigation to be conducted.
By Linda Tenyah-Ayettey